Monday, June 4, 2012

A Wonderful Journey to Malacca~

And again, I'm sorry for the late blog update although I had a week of semester break and now its officially over.. It seems like I've done nothing besides lazying and relaxing around throughout the week! TIME! Y U NO PASS SLOWER! And yeah, on the 1st and 2nd of June, my friends and I went to Malacca for a 2 day 1 night trip..

Let's start the story telling shall we? Ok~ On the 1st of June, I got up around 8am as Derrick told me he will be coming to pick me up at around 8.45am.. got myself ready and I realized the time is already 8.30am! I quickly rushed downstairs and put on my shoes and started the wait~ Wait, wait and wait, and finally he came at around 9.15am.. Well, I won't blame you for being late cuz I agree that my house is kinda hard to find~

After fetching me, we got on our way to fetch York Keen at Shaun's house, then to Kuchai Lama to fetch Pui Fei at a restaurant called 'Telephone Restaurant'~ I wonder why would they use that particular name? maybe they provide telephone services for the outsiders or those who don't own a cell phone? who knows? :P Meanwhile, Wei Yee fetched Jie Lian and Samantha from their house respectively and then got to Murni which is a mamak stall or a small restaurant where we planned to meet up there.. and so we arrived at around 10am.. Started ordering for breakfast, munch munch munch and started our journey to Malacca~

Finally, after 2 hours of driving, we reached Malacca.. and somehow, it took us quite some time to find our hotel as its quite new and no special landmarks nearby..


 This is the place where we rest our heads! :D

And so, we checked in at around 12.30pm, got into our rooms, put down our luggage and then we started our hunt for FOOD! everyone's stomach are yelling for food at that time! So, we went to Jonker Street to start the hunt as Derrick suggested a famous restaurant named 'Jonker 88' which is famous for their curry noodles and also Ice Kacang Cendol! but before that, parking is the problem, as its our first time to drive ourselves there, we gotta find parking and their parking coupon style is totally different as compared to the style in KL.. We have to buy the parking coupons from some shops and the rates are at 40cents per 30minutes and also 60cents per 1 hour. We were like, we gotta buy more tickets and ended up putting the parking tickets in this way. LOL

Each ticket represents 30 minutes of parking

Jonker Street!

 The 'Jonker 88' restaurant. 'People Mountain People Sea' @_@

Our first meal in Malacca. ^~^ yummm~~ (Curry Noodle and Sago Cendol)

After eating, we went for a walk around Jonker Street, and we bought some souvenirs and also some drinks and a little snacks along the way.. Then, Hau Hau called us up and said to come and meet us and bring us to a place to have a drink.. When we're about to reach the place and saw the banner, we were like.. OMG! eat again?! We were so FULL!! but at the end, all of us finished the drink maybe cuz its special and it can't be found in KL? Whats so special about that drink you asked? Its known as the Coconut Milkshake Special with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top~ not bad at all, the price is also reasonable, it just cost us RM 2 which we can hardly find in KL with that price.. 

Coconut Milkshake Special with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! 

After quite a long day, we decided to head back to the hotel and get ourselves washed up and get some rest and prepare for the night.. We even skipped dinner that day as we're too FULL! So again, we went to Jonker Street as the street is like totally different as compared to afternoon and night.. The later the time, the more the people coming in to the street... and again, I take the chance to get more souvenirs! Keychains are the best choice among other stuff~ LOL 

Then, they wanted to go for Satay Celup as supper and I was too full, so I just stare at them when they're eating and I was wondering, why are they hungrier than me but I ate much lesser than them during the walk just now? haha~ maybe its my problem~ o_O

 Supper of the day: Satay Celup! :)

From left: Meng Yeow, Derrick, Wei Yee

 From left: Jie Lian, Meng Yeow, Derrick

As I do not want to disturb their appetite, I decided to stop taking pictures of them eating, am I a nice friend or what? haha XD

After the meal, its already around 11.30pm, we got back to the hotel and to get some rest~ took a cold water bath, prepared ourselves for bed... but at the end, we turned the TV on and started watching and chatting the night away~ and finally when we looked at the time its already 1.30am! Time do fly when you're enjoying yourselves! So, lights out and eyes closed till the next morning~

The next day, I'M THE EARLIEST TO GET UP! guess what time? 7.30am! I wonder why I can't continue sleeping? poor me~ so I got up, got a cold bath again, man~ the water is really cold in the morning~ brrrrr~~~ its just 8am when I'm done preparing myself and the others were still sleeping themselves away.. And so, I decided to wake Meng Yeow up as I was too bored! the look of his face when I woke him up and he opened his eyes and then continue his sleep again was EPIC! haha xD

So I waited there, playing with my iPhone, as time passes, they woke up accordingly and then the boring-ness had gone~ yay! Then, Derrick messaged to ask to go for breakfast but only 2 out of 4 of us get to go as the coupon only allow 2 people per room to enter the cafe, so Meng Yeow, Wei Yee and I got to the another cafe and to have our breakfast while York Keen just sneak in to the cafe without the coupon! LOL

My breakfast! (Mini Omelet Set with a cup of tea) :P

After breakfast, we got back to our rooms and start packing up our stuff and everyone got into 1 room and started chatting~ until its around 12pm, we got down to lobby and checked ourselves out~ after checking out, we went to Jonker Street, again to have the famous Chicken Rice Ball for lunch! The restaurant is filled with people again as it was once visited by a Malaysian celebrity, Jason Yeoh and he was actually filming a food program, and that's how this restaurant got famous! 

 Restaurant Hoe Kee! 

Chicken Rice Ball for lunch! :P

After eating, we walked back to the parking area and got up the car, and went to the Dataran Pahlawan to buy the famous 'thousand layer cake' at Nadeje.. again, it's full off people.. I wonder why are there so many famous restaurants and shops in Malacca as compared to KL?
I didn't get the chance to take the picture of the cake as we're in a rush in getting on our way back to KL as the time is already 4pm when we're done buying the cake.. some of us ate the cake at the McDonald nearby and some of us brought them home and share it with our family members~ :)

At around 6.30pm, we entered KL area and at around 7pm, I reached home safely~ Thank you Derrick for fetching me! I really enjoyed myself in this trip although it's just a 2 days 1 night trip, but for me, it is the time spent with my friends that counts! Thank you all for being my friends! I will always remember the moment we had fun together~ when will be the next plan? I'm waiting for that day to come! :D

Lastly, the group pictures! 

 Thank you Meng Yeow for being the photographer for this pic!

Finally, 8 of us are in the pic together! ^o^











No comments:

Post a Comment